Saturday, January 7, 2012

Mushy Muscles

A few Saturdays ago I realized that all Alyssa had done was watch TV.... I mean, like, 4 hours worth! I had a huge problem with it. Every good parent knows that too much TV will turn your kids brain (and muscle mass) to mush! ;) So, I came up with a solution. I cut up a bunch of squares of paper and wrote time frames on them (5 minutes, 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 movie) and I put 1 hours worth of minutes and 1 movie in a jar. I told Alyssa that she could lose and earn TV minutes based on her behavior, and if she's out of time there's no more TV until she earns more. We've been doing this for a little over a week and it has worked beautifully so far. She's rode her bike instead of using her TV time on more than one occassion, which made me a happy Mama! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment