Sunday, November 27, 2011

How was your thanksgiving??

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving! Mine was very low-key and enjoyable. Usually Jeremiah and I are driving all over kingdom come, and by kingdom come I mean to Pasadena and back. But last year we decided that we actually wanted to enjoy our holidays and so we would be trading off each year. Last year we spent Thanksgiving with my side of the family and Christmas Eve (which is when both of our extended families get together) with Jeremiah's side. This year we switched so we spent Thanksgiving at my Grandmother-in-laws house. She lives close by, so it was nice to not be stuck in holiday traffic, that was for sure! The girls had a great time playing outside with their Papa, Joel had fun being passed from one person to the next (he handled it like a champ!) and us adults even got to play a few rounds of bingo! We all ate too much and the short ride home was a quiet one. Lexi and Joel both fell asleep in 5 minutes!

Once we got home we put Joel to bed and got our "second wind." We decided to have our "2nd annual christmas decorating party." Jer brought the christmas decor in from the garage then ran out to get hot cocoa and snacks while the girls and I started decorating! We had our holiday music playing (Michael Buble's new christmas album, actually) and everything was up in no time! We finished around 10pm and were all exhausted. Luckily we were all able to sleep in the next day. I'm VERY thankful that my kids are all good sleepers. Even Joel slept until 9am!

Hoping you're having a great holiday season so far. If not, then just look at the joy on my sweet baby's face! How can that not cheer you up!? ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment