Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday night musings

I love the things my kids say. They have such random thought patterns. For instance, this morning when we were driving to the gym. Alexis had asked me to put on Chris Tomlin's "Our God" album (her favorite song is "Our God" and she sings along so loud... Very cute.) She stopped singing right in the middle and said: "Joel has a penis." I tried not to laugh and just said: "yep, he sure does." Then she proceeds to name off all the boys she knows... "Daddy has a penis, too. And Malachai and Seth and Anthony and Brett and John... Cause boys have penises." I didn't really know how to respond, so I just agreed with her! Then she said: "Can I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when we get home? And watch Dora, too?" Lol, and that was the end of our "sex talk!" Too funny.

After we got home from the gym (which was *KILLER* since I hadn't worked out in a week and was a complete glutton for 5 days straight) I threw dinner in the crockpot. I've been loving the simplicity of the once a month crockpot cooking! I'm so glad I did it! & I'm wishing I had done it sooner! My whole family is very happy =) Everything we've eaten so far has been delish! A few of the meals have even been big enough for leftovers and we've gotten about 4 lunches from it! So it's definitely worth it. No longer do I blankly stare into the fridge wondering what I'm going to throw together. And no longer am I met with silence on the end of the phone line after I tell my husband what's for dinner! (since I'm usually throwing something together at the last minute) Anyway, tonight we had moroccan lamb w/ brown rice. It was sooo good! & the lamb was very moist & tender! (I was a little worried, because I know lamb dries out pretty easily.) Even the girls liked it! The downside was that it made my house smell like a sweaty mans armpit :-/ I really hope Morocco doesn't smell like that or I will vow to NEVER visit! Luckily I'm not pregnant or I might have gagged all day long. So after putting away the little bit of leftovers (have I mentioned I *hate* wasting food?!) throwing away the crockpot liner & lighting a holiday-yummy-goodness-scented candle, things are back to normal ;)

Here's to another fun-filled, productive week! Hope yours is as well ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment