Monday, November 21, 2011

Yet another DIY pinterest project

I saw an idea on pinterest to paint the inside of glass jars and thought it was really do-able! (Here's the link: painting glass jars) I was looking to spruce up my master bathroom and was trying to use as many pinterest ideas and repurpose as many things as I could. I had a near empty jar of fruit spread which was tall and skinny and kinda cool looking as well as a few jars and a small votive candle holder that I got from a thrift store. I had a lot of the turquoise paint left so I just poured in about a 1/4-1/2 cup of paint in each glass and rolled it around inside until it was evenly coated. I turned the glass upside down to drain as much excess paint as I could and then just left them alone. It took about 3 days to dry completely. Here is the finished product:
I used them like this:
There are q-tips in the covered jar. 

I'm very happy with the outcome! And the whole project costed me less than $7!! Whoo hoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment